• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Various workout questions, and Best way to work around use.

thedeadlywar

Bluelighter
I want to build muscle, but on stimulants I make the assumption that working out on them is a bad idea, is there any way to make it productive? When it comes to it, what's a good balance of use and partying that I can cut back to, and still work a good diet and balanced muscle building routine? Say once, or twice a week use, and a good muscle building balanced workout and a lot of muscle building foods. If it'll make a huge difference, I think I'll just stop using all together. Opinions on that are all appreciated, but more interested in view points of how it will effect work out at certain levels of use. In the case of any use during this work out period, what are the most important ways to reduce or stop any muscle mass loss? Is working out on the drug effective in any way at all?
Second of all, I'm mainly looking for a good dietary plan for muscle building, as I know very little about the correct balanced intake for maximizing efficiency in muscle building. I'd like any good progression information on any plan some of you can offer me. Overall information, average time frames and such are appreciated.
Another thing I was wondering. Bench press seems to be a standard workout and strength gauge. For a male 5'10 160-165 pounds, 17 years old, and no history of work out, whats an average bench expectancy? What kind of expectations for my bench weight be in 3 months from now with a given amount of moderate work out? I know it varies, just throw some estimations or personal experience of the sort. I don't want to start too heavy, but I want to make the most out of my workout and get as far as possible in every amount of time covered. Any dietary plan is fine, I don't need any pleasures or unhealthy foods at all, and all I drink usually is water. Any unhealthy food now feels strange out of a habit from only eating healthy for months on end anyway.
As far as calorie burning goes, how much cardio should be part of this diet/work out? I don't have much of an active history of either types of workout but I'd like to throw a little heart friendly help my hearts way while I'm working on this new body image.
Any other general tips, guides, info, articles, etc that you have to provide is very helpful, I know I had a lot to cover here, but I appreciate your time. Thanks.

Stimulants will be a problem if they negatively affect different recovery parameters, like adaquate food intake, hydration and sleep. You would do best to cut them out of your life altogether.

For dietary information on how to get larger go to http://70sbig.com and click on the FOOD FAQ.

For the bench press question google exrx strength standards and check out whats listed under bench press.